Phantomix / Knoppix Live CD - Modem Setup
Modem Setup - Step by Step
- Click on the penguin. A menu pops up. Click on Network/Internet, in the next menu click on /dev/modem connection setup
- Select type of connection.
- Select type of connection. If you have a common serial modem, just click OK. If you have an internal modem you can try the option winmodem.
- Now choose the com port. If you do not know which one is right, reboot into your windows system and look it up there. You can use this trick everytime you are unsure about your hardware settings.
- Click on Yes.
- Continue with Dial-In Setup
Back to the main page.
Last change: 2006-01-23